Sunday, August 26, 2012

WHAMM! GLORY!

 
You ever have one of those days that you're just bee-bopping around and Whamm! Extra dumping of the glory of God? Wellll...let me just tell you, today was one of those days.. If you know God, you are familiar that He puts something big on your heart until you either learn it or He rids you of it.  Well, the big thing in my life lately has been "love".  He has shown me how much He loves me in different circumstances and pretty much says, "Watch this, I am fixing to love on you and just blow you away with it!"  Now, I have known since walking with Him that Jesus loves me and He has revealed it before but through turning my heart to love on other people with mercy and grace, He has shown me that the love He has for us is alive and real.  Well, today I went to church and heard Kelli and Mike talk about their mission trip.  I just was blessed by it so much because she is my sidekick and to see how the Lord has moved in her life and the "shine" she has on her face, which could only be the result of the glory of God, just tickles my soul! Then we went to their reception and spent the afternoon lazing around until we went back to church at 5:30p.  Well, tonight was the Harvest America event and what a time of worship!  We had lots of precious visitors and it was just blessed in there...the Holy Spirit was thick and I am just so thankful!  Then we leave and we get home.  Right before we get out of the car, my 16 year old son, Lincoln, says, "Mom, can I talk to you for a minute?" I said, "Sure".  He opens up my car door and leans in and says in the sweetest, mildest manner, "Mama, I want to get baptized again.."  I said, "Linc, you can be, but can I ask why?"  He said, "Well, you know, Mom, I don't feel like it stuck. When I went to the front before, it was because other people were but God has been working on me and I need it to stick to this time, so I need to do it over."  WHAM!!! Glory! So, I said, "Linc, lets pray about giving your heart to the Lord."  We did and that sweet giant said that prayer with conviction and confidence that Lord was saving him.  I had NEVER heard him pray before.  He would always refuse but not tonight!!  He gladly repeated that prayer with me.  Then afterwards, he said, "Mama, I don't know how the Lord is going to use me but I am thinking youth minister.  I am not sure but I do know I will go study God at college when I get out of school."  WHAM! Glory! He came in and boldly walked in there to explain to Eric that he gave his heart and life to the Lord and while he was telling that story, he just buried his head in his hands and wept.  He is looking forward to being baptized.  I am looking forward to eternity with my baby boy!  WHAM! Glory!
 
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16 


No comments:

Post a Comment