Friday, August 24, 2012


Finally ...

I have felt like the Lord has said to me a million times to write.. I kept saying, "How, Lord?"  "What way, Lord?" I felt like He was telling me that He had gifted me with an ability I wasn't using and I just couldn't imagine what direction to go with it.. In my rambling on Facebook, I have been so blessed by people just walking up to me and saying, "I read your posts!"  They have no idea what it means to me.. Not for my glory because all I do is expose what the Lord has done in my life, hoping to bring glory to His Kingdom.. But He uses it for His glory and I am so blessed to know that I can offer something to the glory of  Jesus and that my life can be used to serve.  Then if it blesses someone else's life, everything I go through is worth it.  He is worthy to praise!! 

When God sent me to this earth, He gave me to a wonderful family... I had aunts that invested graciously in my life.  I grew up listening to their beautiful voices being lifted up for the Lord.  I can remember being a small girl and getting so excited when one of them would sing.  I don't think I loved another person on Earth's voices more than theirs.  Their offerings to the Lord taught me to give of my talents to Him as well.  Then I had grandparents that taught me so many things... way too many to ever list.  Grandma was my second mama and being known as "Grandma's Girl" was not a title I took lightly.  I still am "Grandma's Girl", thank you, Lord.. She served as treasurer and still does, as far as I know, at Silver Creek Baptist church my whole life.  She also was secretary at Mill Spring Elementary, where I attended elementary school.  I remember one time, this girl was mad at my grandma for something simple and she said she didn't like my grandma..I cried and cried..I couldn't imagine anyone not liking her..I mean, she is "Grandma" and who doesn't like "Grandma".  This precious, little woman has loved me through hard times I didn't know that I would get through.  She was there when the walls were falling down around me.. What a blessing to have learned about  family bonds, love, serving the Lord, good cornbread, loving Jesus, hard work and too much to list from her.. Then my grandpa..what a man!  What a saint.. Precious man.. He has been the example of male leadership through the generations.. When I was a little girl, he would walk us down through the pastures and take us by the hand and guide us into a big cow patty because he could see them coming and we couldn't.  He would just laugh.. but come anyone needing anything, He is there.. and my mama..she is a warrior.. I watched her fight through  a lot of hard years for us kids.. although she is the definition of strength, she was the most understanding, non-judgmental person in the world. When we were little, we were poor as dirt.. but I thought I was rich.. I will never forget her telling me we weren't.  You know why I thought we were rich?  Because our riches aren't counted in money..they are counted in blessings..I was so blessed, I thought growing up I was rich. And although she told me we weren't, now I know I was all along.. 

Today, I am richer than I have ever been.. God has given me a new name in Heaven.  Four years ago, I joined His family.. The most blessed day of my life. When I seek His face, He never hides from me.  This journey I have been on, called "My Life" has pointed me towards the One who has pursued my heart.  He picked that family out for me.. He knew what was perfect for me.  He is perfect for me.. 

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever..." Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment