Monday, August 27, 2012



I fell in love tonight!  I have been doing a David Bible study at Anna McClure's church and the more time I spend seeking His face through His interactions with a man after His own heart, the more I want to spend time watching God love on David.  The awesome thing is that He loves me like that too.  I have learned a lot about the nature of God through this Bible study, which is the goal because you are after a change of heart as the purpose of the study.  I definitely need one too!!
  
Today, in my studying, I read in the last part of 1 Samuel 19 that when Saul sent men to kill David, God unloaded His Spirit on them and they started prophesying and couldn't kill him.  He didn't do this with just one set of men though, he did it with three rounds of men.  Then Saul came himself and the same thing happened to him.  I found this amazing.  Kelli, Mike and I have been talking a lot about the love of God and I know God has been revealing to me His love by just dumping His affections on me.  (Its so awesome!).  Just ask Him how much He loves you..He will show you.  But I found the fact that God fought these men that were trying to harm His chosen one by pouring out His Spirit on them mind blowing.  See, God had the ability to squash them and in my fleshly mind, that is what I thought probably would have happened had I been in control but He is God!! His ways are perfect!  Instead, He chooses to pour out the Holy Spirit on them..what could be more perfect than that? Just think about what kind of God we serve, that would choose to bless the ones that is against His guy over harm them!! It is humbling to know the love of God when we don't deserve it.  What grace!!

Tonight, I went to Anna's church for the Bible study and Beth Moore turned us toward Psalm 62. What a blessing!  She said it would be a good Scripture to memorize because it would be so freeing from bondage if you could repeat it every morning.  I totally agree...now, I am about to take on something that I have never done.  I am going to memorize the whole content of Psalm 62.  I have never memorized a chapter before and while I was sitting there thinking about doing it so I could just carry it in my heart, I thought, "I can't do that!"  Well, the Holy Spirit reminded me that I couldn't but He could!  I look at this Scripture with adoration.  It starts out by saying, "My soul finds rest in God alone;".  She went on to talk about that you would have to have been a time of very painful circumstances to grasp the concept of "God alone".  I know "God alone".  There is a lot more awesomeness down through those verses but the next part that grasped my attention with an iron fist was "My salvation and my honor depend on God."  She defined salvation as "deliverance".  A few months ago, I had a revelation that I had been "delivered" by God.  That was profound to me.  The God of the Universe, the Almighty God, the God that sent His Son to Earth as a sacrifice delivered ME!  Not as a collective effort.  Not because I deserved it.  Not because I even knew to ask totally what to be "delivered" from but because He is God and He knows what we need regardless of the fact we are clueless.  I didn't go to Him and say, "God, I have this and this and if you could work on this over here.." Instead, I said, "God, save me" and He knew what from and did.  She went on to talk about our "honor" depending on God.  The dictionary defines honor as "honesty, fairness and integrity in one's beliefs or actions" and then goes on to say, "high respect, as for worth, merit or rank".  Before Christ delivered me, I was worth nothing because I didn't know honesty, fairness or integrity.  "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4. I have honor because He, living inside of me, has given me worth by transforming my life to be modeled after His image! Praise God!!


No comments:

Post a Comment